Sunday, February 06, 2005

Blue Champagne

3 am; I know, I know...

I got a flash of poetry inspiration on the way home from dinner tonight. I chanted the wisp I had over and over in my head, hoping to not lose it before it turned into something concrete. I think I succeeded about 70%. I haven't finished it, so we'll see. It's kind of a fun idea I have about Shakespeare's Sonnets.

Lest you think I am a poet, or even an aspiring one-I haven't written poetry since I was required to do so in Miss Fast's creative writing class in the eleventh grade. I write PROSE. When I get up the gumption.

I'm going to read Franny and Zooey in my spare time this weekend. I don't really have any, but I need to read it anyhow. I found a wonderful journal article about how they model the issues and ideals of gifted children so exceptionally well. I remember the first time I read it, I hated it and wondered why I was wasting my Sunday afternoon, until about the last ten pages. Then it was brilliant and I almost cried.

Remind me to talk about my exciting venture into filing systems this weekend.

*yawn*


No comments: