Thursday, February 24, 2011

m&ms musings

Blue m&ms are just weird. Food ISN'T naturally that color. I don't eat them unless I'm sure know that no one is looking, and not even all the time, then. And I'm bitter that they removed the tan ones because of them.

I'm still a little scared of the red ones, because of the red dye poison scare in the 80s.

I'm completely ambivalent about yellow ones. I wouldn't care if they stopped making them.

The brown ones are comforting...like, they're the color of chocolate, and you know they'll always be there to remind you that you are, in fact, eating real chocolate pieces. It's like they're a little slice of reality thrown into the rainbow.

I adore the green and orange ones. In fact, I eat them in pairs, so that I can get the full satisfaction of having had both.

I always eat my m&ms in a pattern...the pattern changes from time to time-sometimes entirely eliminating one color at a time, sometimes even-ing out the colors, sometimes eating them in order of preference-the point is, there's always some kind of pattern to it.

Finally, it is significant to point out that I really could care less about m&ms in general. However, I think it is also significant to note that-even though I don't care about them-I have very thoroughly explored opinions about them. In other words, I feel like my attitudes towards m&ms accurately introduce the pathologies that I have in life in general. While I could detail these for you, I'm already bored by this conversation, so I won't bother.

That is all.

No comments: