Thursday, March 31, 2005

Random Me

It's so much fun to catch up with an old friend on the phone after months of noncommunication. I realize that some of you think I never get off the phone, but believe it or not, I actually DO have a life.

Middle school kids are my favorite group, so far; they're so uncomplicated. The girls are in the full raging angst of newly discovered hormones, and the boys are just clueless. The boys are the most fun, because they are still really big kids-but cognitively developed enough to carry on intelligent conversation. The girls are mostly giggling blathering idiots, and my heart cries out for them. I remember being 13 and crazy about Luke Lehman, who happened to be my lab partner. I was always worried about what he was thinking of me. In retrospect, it's highly likely that he was barely aware of my existence, especially considering my recent middle school observation experiences. We worked together at a greenhouse during college, incidentally. He turned out to be so dorky-it makes me shudder.

Did I mention my new acquisitions from San Diego? I got some great copper jewelry from Old Town. And, Carrie unwittingly introduced me to some music of a genre I've adamantly avoided since I knew the meaning of the word "genre". I think I might even sort of a little bit like the country music she gave me. Yikes, and yikes again.

My current bedtime reading is a fun collection of short stories called, "English Country House Murders". It's like CLUE, only literary.

I got a gorgeous ivory silk dress with a delicate pink and green flowery pattern on it last fall, after it was too cold to wear it. I wore it for Easter, and felt like a princess. I got several compliments, too. I love pretty new Easter clothes. No Easter basket this year though. I guess mom was too busy with the kiddos to send one. Ah well. Church was lovely, even without a chocolate bunny and colored eggs.

I think I want to get a bamboo plant.

I'm so proud of Shari-she's working on her book at last. It's inspiring.

I learnt to make an omelette from julia Child this week. It turned out so well-stuffed with feta and piperade...I need a special pan for it to be perfect though, I think. On to Eggs Benedict, next!

I have a secret crush on Matt Damon, and another (VERY secret) on Mark Wahlberg. Don't tell!

No comments: