Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back In Action

What I said about the holidays getting away from you; well, I wasn't kidding. Anyhow, I'm back!

We just finished the first semester on Thursday, with a teacher workday on Friday. I had food poisoning Thursday night (Thanks, Popeye's!)-not a fun way to start a stressful day of grades due/meetings/team lunch/planning for the next term. Luckily for me, I looked so terrible, even my principal told me to leave early. I did so gladly, and went home to sleep for 17 hours. I felt like a million dollars yesterday after that midwinter hibernation! Now I'm trying to decide where to begin my planning for, umm, TOMORROW! Yikes.

So even though I haven't been posting much (at all) lately, I've been thoroughly enjoying a few wonderful bloggers-especially Libby's world at A Study of Schoolbooks & Shoes. I don't know how she keeps up with it all, but if I ever need a lawyer, I'm heading to Boston!

In other news, I can't wait for spring to arrive. I know-it's barely midwinter, but I miss the warm, sunny days. AND the flowers. Besides, I really need a warmer coat, and I just don't want to spend the money on woolens when cotton and linen are so much more fun! Give me a day like this anytime!

2 comments:

Libby said...

I'll second your request for the arrival of spring weather! I do enjoy the snow but enough is enough.

I'm glad you're feeling better and thank you for the email, it made my evening. :)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hey, maybe it's time for another Southern Spring for you...what do you think? Just say the word--you're welcome anytime!