Saturday, January 01, 2011

Frohe Neues Jahr!

Or "Happy New Year" in German, as I learned on New Year's Eve. Sooo much fun to spend the day with about a dozen German friends, enjoying the sun, playing games, reading, swimming, sunning, grilling, eating, chatting, sleeping, learning German, listening to music and waves, watching fireworks...it was SUCH a perfect way to spend the day, and to welcome 2011.

And so...2011 is here! It promises to be a good year of growth and favor. I was thinking about new year's resolutions, and looking over last year's goals on New Year's Eve. I think I've had two big revelations about this for 2011: discipline and completion. I really feel like it's important for me to focus on completing some of the things that did not get finished last year. With this in mind, some things I want to accomplish this year are as follows...

1. Read the books I've begun/bought/brought to Australia. These include:
~Fasting, by Jentezen Franklin
~Songs From Heaven, by Amanda Fergusson
~Talent is Never Enough, by John Maxwell
~For This I Was Born, by Brian Houston

Also, the Kindle books I've bought:
~Self Study Bible Course, by Derek Prince
~10 Principles for studying your Bible, by Charles Stanley
~The Daniel Fast, by Susan Gregory
~Getting the Pretty Back, by Molly Ringwald
~Dreaming of Dior, by Charlotte Smith
~The Message Solo, b y Eugene Peterson
~Shoeless Joe, by WP Kinsella

2. Listen to my Podcasts and have a clearout.

3. Develop my music:
~Practice piano
~Review theory
~Practice voice, and continue lessons with Dee

4. Develop my writing:
~Journal (PS. Also keep a photo journal of a photo a day)
~Blog
~Bible Study
~Letters and Postcards home
~Songwriting

5. Work on self-disciplines:
~Establish a reasonable bedtime pattern
~Limit Facebook time
~Read my Bible more
~Exercise regularly
~Eat more healthfully
~Write regularly


Enough already...more to come~

No comments: