Sunday, December 11, 2011

TIffany's, the Sydney Opera House, and Orchids


I had the most wonderful gift from a lady at college recently. She gave me two box seats for the Sydney symphony at the Opera House. After a magical evening that began with a steak dinner (filet mignon and a Hunter Valley Shiraz-yum) and ended with pink champagne, chocolate truffle gelato, and the most gorgeous orchids I've ever seen, I was thinking that I've been blessed to have attended several extraordinary events. I started counting them up and felt the need to list some of the amazing things I've gotten to do and see:

Artists:
Itzhak Perlman
Joshua Bell
Kathleen Battle
Sting
U2

Venues:
The Sydney Opera House
Severance Hall
The Kennedy Center

Places:
Sydney
Paris
Chicago
New York
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Amsterdam
Melbourne
Gothenburg
Kampala
Jamaica

Events:
Symphony
Opera
Light Opera
Chamber Orchestra
Play
Jazz Club-Chicago and New Orleans

I've gotten to:
visit four continents
visit 28 states
sing in an oratorio
go on safari
scuba dive in the Caribbean
try on diamonds at Cartier and Tiffany's
taste wines on three continents
live in a foreign country
own a dog
own an Empire Red KitchenAid
window shop on Rodeo Drive, 5th Avenue and the Champs-Elysées
fly first class to Paris
hike in a rainforest
shop Paris flea markets
swim at a colonial hotel in Africa
experience a complete day spa with my best friend from college
visit the Guggenheim, Smithsonian, the Louvre, the Museé d'Orsay and the Rodin Museum, Van Gogh Museum, Cleveland Art Museum, Chicago Field Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney

I'm sure there's about a million things I've not listed, but even so, I have had a VERY full life in my 40 short years. I can't wait to see what the next 40 hold!

No comments: