Sunday, January 30, 2005

Little Known Me

I thought it might be a kick to make a list of things people don't necessarily know about me.

1. I love to SCUBA dive.

2. I used to be a wedding planner. It's not nearly as glamourous as J-Lo makes it look.

3. My first love is acting on stage. I told my mom when I was about 9 years old that I wanted to be an actress, and she told me that I needed to find a "real" job that made a living. So I got a degree in biology. Where's the fun in THAT?

4. I have almost all the certification/licensure requirements met to be considered for a position as a dolphin trainer at Sea World. This is not accidental.

5. I can draw. Really, really well. Actually, when I went back to finish college, I debated between biology -> medicine, and fashion design. See how well that decision went. I also sew; not as well as I'd like, but well enough.

6. I built a closet into my bedroom when I was in high school. I also drywalled it and painted, with minimal assistance. Home Improvement, eat your heart out. Thanks dad, for believing I could do it!

7. I have two classes remaining for a degree in French. I can no longer speak it well enough to save my life, if it were ever necessary to do so. Not sure what to do with this.

8. I play the piano, the cello, and the trumpet, at least minimally. I once took a composition assignment and "composed" a hymn by taking an existing hymn and writing it backwards. Needless to say, it sounded terrible. I'm much better at singing-but I will master the piano if it's the last thing I EVER do.

9. I was the only person in the history of my high school composition and rhetoric class to score 100% on the verbals, gerunds and participial phrases exam. Today, I wouldn't know a gerund if it came up and bit me on the behind.

10. I love to jetski.

11. When I lived at home (with my parents), I grew several gardens-one of only flowers, one of herbs, and one entirely devoted to salsa. I also worked my summers through college at a greenhouse, so I know more than I care to about landscaping and water gardens.

12. I vascillate between wanting a big, floppy golden retriever, and a tiny non-yippy terrier that I can put in my purse and take to school with me. I just can't decide which one would be a better companion for a single career girl.

Know what this list says about me? I am reminded (once again) of my inability to focus.

Hi , my name is Donna, and I'm ADHD...

Just a leetle random...But I'm a lot of fun, too. :)

No comments: