Monday, May 26, 2008

Posting, shmosting...

Yep, I completely dropped the posting ball-again. This month has been a whirlwind, and well-you get the picture...we all have busy lives. The fact is, when my life gets crazy and I have lots of stuff to think and work through, instead of writing through it, I tend to retreat into my head, which is where I've been lately. However, today I decided to come out and play, so here I am!

It has been a really fun weekend-starting with dinner with a couple from my church on Friday evening. We ate amazing steak and steamed asparagus and broccoli, and has biscotti for dessert. Yummy! Saturday, I went wine-tasting with friends at Tarara Winery. We came back to my house and made more amazing food like blackened chicken fettucini alfredo and roasted asparagus and colored peppers. We then went to a friends' house for a rousing game of Taboo...and let me say, you have never enjoyed Taboo until you've played it with South Africans!! We quickly were reminded that we were two countries separated by a common language. Sunday morning, a girlfriend came by for breakfast (we had to use up the leftover veggies from the night before in omelettes), then church. We barbequed after church with friends, ate ice cream in the afternoon, and watched a movie in the evening. Finally, today we met for brunch at IHOP, then another girlfriend came by for a few hours afterwards for conversation. Lastly, I took a nap and am now dreading tomorrow's return to a "normal" social routine!

3 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

This post just made me really hungry!

jillskict said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I am going to give the blacked chicken fettuccine a go for tonight, thanks for the idea!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hey, Donna! Welcome back, you've been missed.
Sounds like you had a great weekend. We did, too! Lots of fun with friends. I felt like a social butterfly-ha!
Now it's back to getting my house clean--not as much fun:)