Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rainy Saturday

I just got home from my morning tutoring, and the rain is drumming on my kitchen window, reminding me that it's my favorite season: Spring! Springtime in Virginia is (in my humble opinion) not as much fun as back home in Ohio. For one thing, we don't get nearly the rain here that we do back home, and when we do, it almost never comes in thunderstorms, which I adore. For another, spring in Ohio is full of wonderful sights, sounds and smells from the newly plowed and planted fields, to the baby animals, to the lilac bush in my parents' yard. And finally, in Ohio I can venture into the great outdoors without fear of all the nasty critters present in Virginia, like cottonmouths and copperheads, brown recluse spiders, and the ubiquitous deer tick, which can just MESS UP your nervous system with Lyme's Disease. All we have back home to be concerned about are mosquitoes and tornadoes. No biggie. :)

I love Saturdays. I think today I will get my home really, REALLY clean, then maybe have coffee with a friend, and catch up on some reading and lesson planning. I might even write a few letters. I'll be glad when school's out! Only three weeks to go!

No comments: