Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Home For Christmas

Flying home tomorrow afternoon for almost two weeks of NO tweens! I really do like my students, but not right now. Right now I want the following:

1. Five little shining faces, ages 9, 7, 6, 4 and 2. I MISS my nephews and nieces!

2. My Mom and Dad.

3. My little sibs-Angie and Troy. Oh yeah-and my bro-in-law too!

4. My dog Sidney. He's an adorable neurotic fuzzball.

5. Both my grans, who are still the matriarchs though they are frailer every year.

6. Christmas stockings and cookies and dressup dinner and Christmas Eve service and Christmas communion at church and the Pine Tree Barn with Shari and exchanging Starbucks with Holly and getting my hair done by Nancy. Oh wait, that was like numbers 6-13.

Anyhow, you get the idea. I'll be home for Christmas! Just pray that I make my stopover in Philadelphia without any glitches-I only have 50 minutes to change planes, and I've not been through this airport before!

I'm going home.........................!

3 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

That all sounds wonderful and Rockwell-esque. Have fun- I'll be working every day except the 25th!

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting my hair guy, too, while I'm home, and short of seeing my friends and family, it's the thing I'm looking forward to most!

Safe travels and happy holidays!

Libby said...

I hope you had a wonderful trip home and a very merry Christmas!