Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This or That Christmas Meme

This from Jilly at My Outside Voice. Thanks!

Candy cane or peppermint patties? Candy canes, but only peppermint ones.

Sugar or gingerbread cookies? Any other time of the year I'd say neither, but right now, both.

Tinsel or beaded strands?
Are the beads shiny? If so, beads.

Multi-colored or same-colored lights? Multicolored.

Flashing or still lights?
Still. DEFINITELY still.

Wreaths or mistletoe/holly? Where does one find mistletoe? I think I'll take any of it.

Rudolph or Frosty? Frosty; Rudolph needs to get a grip on his self-esteem issues.

Sledding or snowball fights?
Snowball fights.

Snow or ice/icicles?
Snow, especially big flakes coming down. I grew up on the Great Lakes, and I HATE ice.

Snow hat or earmuffs? Neither; they mess up my hair beyond repair. Wow, that makes me sound prissy, which I am NOT.

Getting or giving?
I love to give, but hate it when I don't know what to give.

Snow days or plow trucks?
Snow days, especially in Northern VA where they don't even really need to pull out the plow trucks for a snow day!

Stockings or presents?
Stockings are more fun-our stocking stuffers get goofy.

Cookies & milk or letter to Santa? Neither. It's all a family deal, and has been ever since I can remember. Oh wait-we did get one gift under the tree on Christmas morning from Santa. Everything else was the night before from each other.

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Eve is with my family, and the traditions are sweet.

Log Burning Channel or real thing? We'd always had the real thing, but since my parents moved to a house with no fireplace :(, it's got to be the fake one.

Cards or emails?
Cards, but I'm terrible at getting them out. I always have the best intentions...

Shoveling or cleaning off the car? Cleaning off the car.

The Inn’s manger or the animals? Definitely the manger.

Mary & Joseph or The Wise Men? How about baby Jesus?

Jack Frost or Little Drummer Boy? Little Drummer Boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the D.C. area, too, and I can't WAIT until our first real snow storm! I hear stories about the great blizzard of '94 or whatever, but in four years here, I've yet to experience a real "snow day!" I'd love a week off from work! : )