Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Two Hour Delay!

Halloo, hallay, a two hour delay today!

Virginia cracks me up when it snows. As a Midwesterner, my experience is that when bad weather hits, you put on warmer clothes and keep slogging through. Here in the Mid-Atlantic, they freak out when the temperature drops below 45, and when they see a few flakes of the white stuff, things shut down. Last year, they shut down school one day when there was a threat of snow-we never saw any of it. Well, I do have to say that I definitely prefer the weather here to the nasty sleet and freezing rain that we regularly got back home. Ick; you can keep that stuff.

In other news, I think I found my ideal look for my blog page. Like it?

1 comment:

Princess Libby said...

That crack me up too. I even see a different where I grew up in northern Ohio compared to Columbus. People are always freaked out about driving in snow....I learned to drive in snow and ice.