Thursday, November 22, 2007

Finishing My 100

The list of interesting things about me that I began yesterday got somewhat cumbersome. Sorry about that, and if you actually made it through, I hope you found it worthwhile. As previously mentioned, I wanted to do a 100 things about me post, but in light of yesterday's epic venture, I'm just going to finish up the last 19 from that list with some original work (as opposed to the quiz answers and commentary). Read on...

82. I have an irrational fear of suspension bridges induced by video footage from the collapse of the San Francisco Bay Bridge in the late 80's.

83. I also have insulaphobia...a claustrophobic fear of islands. I'm not entirely certain, but I think this also applies to cruise ships.

84. I've secretly wanted to be an actress since the fourth grade.

85. I've got a crush on Matthew Perry, but a bigger one on John Cusack. I would LOVE to get inside his head. Besides Matt and John, Clinton Kelly is one of the few men older than me who I find attractive. On the younger side, I think Orlando Bloom is very, very sexy.

Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, and Clive Owen can all either make me fall in love with them or creep me out.

86. I've only been in love once, and it was painful. He was wrong for me, and I persist in the belief that when it's right, it won't hurt.

87. Some of my favorite holiday traditions include:
Thanksgiving-Macy's Parade and It's a Wonderful Life;
Christmas-Handel's Messiah, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Mom's Christmas breakfast coffee ring, silly stocking stuffers, kiflis and chicken paprikas, creme puffs for grandma H., and Christmas Eve church with my family.
January 1-The Rose Bowl Parade with mom and HGTV, party with my sis and her hubby, and the Vienna Philharmonic on PBS.
Easter-photos in front of the house no matter what the weather, mom making dresses till all hours, and Easter baskets no matter how old you are.
July 4-Orrville's fireworks and carnival in the park for a week. The firemen's parade down main street and sweltering with the marching band.

88. Sometimes I wish I were a real, live princess, complete with tiara and a palace (that I don't have to clean). And a Prince Charming, I guess, too. In my head, he sort of resembles Chris Pine. I have a ridiculous collection of princess books and movies-including Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and of course the Princess Diaries.

89. I have a magazine fetish. I subscribed to Victoria for ten years, and then retired all except my favorites to my best friend. I currently subscribe to Sunset, Midwest Living, House and Garden, Travelgirl, and Cook's Illustrated. I'm also a regular purchaser of Simple Living, Town and Country, and Oprah's O magazine. I also have been know to swipe the occasional doctor's office Southern Living for the recipes. My favorite magazine ever (Weekend) folded within a year of beginning publication.

90. I have an elaborate airport ritual. It includes (but is not limited to) Starbucks, an international magazine purchase, and Olympic people watching. For some inexplicable reason, I always order tomato juice on the plane; I never drink it on the ground. I also always try to get window seats.

91. While in college/grad school, I have studied/majored in: piano performance, vocal performance, International Law, English, French, Chemistry, Biology, Physician Assistant Studies, Education, Gifted Education and Public Health Education.

92. My favorite singers on the planet are Bono and Sting. I cried when Pavarotti died.

93. When I was 13, I carried Kirk Cameron's photo around in my wallet. Ironically, when I was 13, I also had a crush on my classmate Richie Thomas, who bore more than a passing resemblance to Kirk. More ironically, I hear Richie is now working in television.

94. I have an unhealthy obsession with the style of Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Jackie Kennedy. I love, LOVE classic. Celebrities I currently think of as classic are Charlize Theron, Anne Hathaway, Uma Therman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Garner, Reese Whitherspoon and Kate Beckinsale and the Miller sisters. I also need to place my best friend Shari into this category. She's one of the classiest people I know.

95. I can count to ten in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish and to three in German.

96. I have no fewer than 16 different designer perfumes in my bathroom.

97. I adore Chicago architecture, Amsterdam coffee, and the views of LA from the Getty. Flying over the Sahara and the Alps, and going on safari have been the highlights of my life adventures so far.

98. I think I'm secretly in love with either a guy named Michael I met briefly in college 15 years ago who introduced me to REM, or a guy named Andrew whose last name I don't even know who was studying to be a priest at last contact. I think the only near-perfect guy for me I've ever known might have been another college friend (nameless) who is now married with two kids and (coincidentally) moving to my area next year.

99. I love the songs Lady In Red, Fragile, and In Your Eyes. I could probably add about 100 more to that list if you gave me about 10 minutes. I also have a song for every boy I've ever majorly crushed on. The one I was in love with got several songs, including My Funny Valentine, The Luckiest, Guess I Was a Fool, I Used to Love Him. Just about in that order, too. Ha, funny.

100. I have no boundaries when it comes to bedtimes. It's 3:59 AM, as I type. Good NIGHT.

No comments: