Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Thanks

I just realized with all the lists I've been making, I haven't made a list of the things I am thankful for. Shame on me! Here goes...

1. I am thankful first for a God to be thankful to. Thanks, God-for all Your blessings.

2. I am so thankful for my incredible family:

Mom and Dad, who love me so unconditionally, and who are the most kind and considerate, giving people I know.

My sister Angie, and for the incredible relationship we have. Who would have EVER thought we'd be such close friends back in the days we used to be so mean to each other? Thank God there's forgiveness and grace for childhood angst between sisters.

Troy, who is the most covertly thoughtful and giving brother in the world. I know you don't want anyone to know it, but you're amazing. I love you, kid...even though you're not a kid, you'll always be about 19 to me.

Jeff, the best blessing that has happened to our family in the last 14 years. You're an incredible brother-in-law, but an even more incredible friend. I love the perspective you bring and the relationship that we've cultivated during these years. You're the best.

Caleb, my baby nephew who's not a baby anymore. :P I love the way you think, Caleb. I am so thankful that we have such a special bond between our brains, and that it goes between our hearts, too. You are the most amazing 9 year old I know.

David, you are the most thoughtful and helpful kid I know. I love you so much, and I appreciate your heart that jumps to help as soon as you see a need. You're incredible.

Jaren, I love your creativity, your smile, and your laugh. You are a true artist, and I can't wait to see where your talents take you. I love you so much, and I can't wait to tickle you when I get home and hear that wonderful giggle. You are awesome.

Annalese, what a wonderful princess you are. You are such a sweet girl, and I love you with all my heart. I love the way you remind me to be a little girl again. You are precious.

Selah, for being such a miracle of grace. You are a sweetheart, and I love you dearly. I am so thankful that you are our baby. I can't wait to see how you grow.

For the rest of my incredible family-my two amazing grandmas, my super aunts and uncles, cousins and cousin-in-laws, and children of everyone...you are awesome, and I am so thankful for you all!

3. For a good job doing fun and worthwhile work, and for making a decent salary doing it.

4. For my cosy apartment (with its Christmas tree!), and a safe place to live.

5. For my dear, dear friends far away who I love and value so much: Shari and family, Hallie Beth, Holly (Happy belated birthday!), Jenni Jo, Lora (who persists in being my friend even though I am terrible at staying in touch), Carrie, Kay, Becca and Amanda, who's not so far, but feels like it sometimes! You are all the best friends a girl could ever have!

6. For finally finding a wonderful church family, with a whole crowd of new friends and family, including my new set of little sisters: Ash, Jen, Erica, Angelique, Madelein, Alyse, and Erica. For people who take the resources to share life in my direction: Duane and Marie, George and Patsy, Jim and Bonnie, Steven and Jeana, Liz and Tony, and Ken and Michelle, and everyone else. I thank God for all of you.

7. I am so thankful for good health. I take it for granted so often, but it is truly such a blessing.

8. For peace in the streets of my city. There are so many who live in constant fear and war, I am grateful that I am not one of them. God bless and protect those who are in such situations, and I pray for peace in places like Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, and elsewhere as quickly as possible.

9. For a sound mind, and a creative spirit.

10. For music in my heart and the ability to express it effectively. I'm not sure how my life would be without music, and I'd hate to ever know.

There are about a million other things I'm thankful for this weekend and all the rest of the time, too-but those are the main ones. I am so blessed.

No comments: