Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mêmes

I've recently discovered memes, which (as near as I can figure out) are fun lists of things random. Goody, goody, goody-my favorite!

Here's a Home Meme from Perfectly Plump Preppy:


1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now?
Caswell-Massey Olive Oil and Orange Blossom. I'm traumatized because I think they are discontinuing this fragrance, and it's my favorite.

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No, I don't like it, so it's never there.

3. What would you change about your living room?
I need plantation blinds on the windows, and a new couch. I also would love to get two of these incredible Jacob chairs from Pier One.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Clean, but only just...

5. What is in your fridge?
Cheese, skim milk, dijon mustard, ketchup, eggs, butter, and a leftover felafel.

6. White or wheat bread?
Pumpernickel or Sourdough, actually. I've always been a nonconformist.

7. What is on top of your refrigerator?
A wooden tray made especially for me in Sweden that holds my coffee and tea condiments.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain?
It is white cotton with Battenberg lace. Not exactly me, but classy and the price was right.

9. How many plants are in your home?

Seven. I wish I had more.

10. Is your bed made right now?
Sort of.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub?
Comet.

12. Is your closet organized?
Ummm, right. The principles are there, but the execution is somewhat elusive.

13. Can you describe your flashlight?
Red Maglight.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass or ceramic Starbucks mugs from major cities I've visited. I mostly drink coffee at home.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
No, I like tea in the summer.

16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
No garage, very little storage. :(

17. Curtains or blinds?
White paper blinds in the bedrooms, and nothing on the living room; bamboo rolldown shade in the kitchen. None of this is my preference, but it's ok.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Five. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get married.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
No.

20. How often do you vacuum?
It's broken at the moment...

21. Standard toothbrush or electric?
Standard.

22. What color is your toothbrush?
white/blue

23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
Yes, it's a brown rattan.

24. What is in your oven right now?
Oven racks and a mess on the bottom that I haven't had the courage to deal with.

25. Is there anything under your bed?
a keyboard and dust.

26. Chore you hate doing the most?
Dusting.

27. What retro items are in your home?
some art, some clothes, lots of books and architectural magazines.


28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
Theoretically, yes. I have a spare room which I call the office but little actual work happens there. Not sure what to do about this. I do my best work at Starbucks.

29. How many mirrors are in your home?
Seven.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
Lots of change in an urn from Tijuana on the mantle.

31. What color are your walls?
Caffe latte in the dining and living rooms. Red with black cabinets in the kitchen. The bedroom and master bath are shades of periwnkle, and the spare room/office is creamy yellow. The hall bathroom is a sort of light peachy sunset color. NOT how it was supposed to look.

32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Do 3 inch heels count?

33. What does your home smell like right now?
Laundry softener.

34. Favorite candle scent?
Clean cotton/linen, summer rain...oh, I also love Target's orange and clove for Christmastime.

35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
None, but I like Tony Paco's Pickles and Peppers. Can't find them here in NoVA.

36. What color is your favorite Bible?
Burgundy.

37. Ever been on your roof?
No. I have no idea how to get there, even if I wanted to go.

38. Do you own a stereo?
Not really. I have a little boom box with cd player. I have great speakers on my computer and my itunes is chock full of my collection. I also have XM Radio on my DirecTV.

39. How many TVs do you have?
One, in the bedroom.

40. How many house phones?
I only use my cell now, so it seems senseless to have a landline that no one ever calls. Sooner or later I'll get rid of it.

41. Do you have a housekeeper?
No but I'd LOVE to have someone in every week or two for cleaning. It's totally frivolous, so no.

42. What style do you decorate in?
Streamlined traditional, at the moment. I vascillate between retro and Arts and Crafts. A little bit country and a little bit rock 'n roll.

43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
Solid, preferably. Toile can be super classy if it's not overdone, though.

44. Is there a smoke detector in your home?
One. I have no idea if it works.

45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
I'd grab my emergency folder with my passport, etc. in it, my external hard drive to my computer, my kids' art folder, and my Empire Red Artisan KitchenAid. (It was such a frivolous purchase, i know I'd never buy another one.) If I had time, I'd also get my jewelry, christmas ornament, and my journals.

No comments: