Sunday, March 09, 2008

8 Things

Entries will follow-I have to think about these.

From "...and Hijinks Ensued"...plus a little extra from me!

8 Things I Am Passionate About


1. Articulate conversation.
2. Coffee. To be specific, Grande Hazelnut Skim Latte. I know-judge me if you must. Just know that I DO make it myself at home about half the time.
3. My fabulous family.
4. Music. Specifically, everything but country.
5. The development of nations. I want everyone to have a chance to live up to their innate, God-given potential.
6. Medicine. My decision not to pursue it just kills me whenever I think of it.
7. Languages. I'll master them yet, I will!
8. My relationship with God. I'm ever-growing, ever-developing, and hopefully becoming closer to the person I was created to be, as a result.

(Notice that teaching isn't on this list. Can I add another one?)

#9-Finding work to BE passionate about.

8 Things I Want to do Before I Die

1. Climb past the painters to Montmartre, and have a cafe at Les Deux Magots while listening to an accordion play La Vie En Rose.
2. Raise my very own children.
3. Who am I kidding?-I want to be in love with the most amazing man in the world.
4. Eat gelato on the Spanish Steps in Rome.
5. Work in developmental missions.
6. Publish a book.
7. Design my own line of clothes.
8. Develop selflessness.

8 Things I Say Often


1. What the heck?
2. Whatever.
3. You rock and roll.
4. Pobre sito/sita...
5. Hey chica/chico...
6. That's AMAZING.
7. Give me your shoe. (Whenever a kid forgets his writing utensil, he can borrow one from me for the price of his shoe. He gives back the pencil, I give back the shoe.)
8. Grande hazelnut skim latte, please.

8 Books I've Recently Read

(This is a little slim-I mean to update it after Spring Break!)

1. French Women Don't Get Fat. (aside: I'll bet SOME of them do.)
2. The Enchanted April
3. The Creative Call
4. Franny and Zooey
5. Cooking With Friends (yeah, like Monica and Chandler and the gang. I bought it at Christmastime for myself. It's actually pretty good, for what it is.)
6. The Lucky Style Manual.
7. The Classic Ten: The True Story of the Little Black Dress and Nine Other Fashion Favorites.
8. Late Bloomers.

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over (from my iTunes list of top played...subject to change.)

1. I Will Love You-Fisher
2. The Luckiest-Ben Folds
3. Fragile-Sting
4. One-U2 with Mary J Blige
5. Lullaby-Josh Groban and Ladysmith Black Mambazo
6. Brazil-Pink Martini
7. Love Me Tender-Norah Jones
8. Found-Hillsong

*This list could be about 100 strong.


8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends

1. Balance
2. Intelligence
3. Fun-loving(ness?)
4. Conversational and articulate
5. Honesty/Integrity
6. Down-to-Earth Dreamers
7. Real-not game players, and nothing petty about them.
8. Loving and Kind

8 Things I Want People to Be Able to Say About Me


1. She cooks the best __________!
2. She's so giving. (note: I'm currently not.)
3. She's so disciplined! (See above note)
4. She's got such great stories!
5. She's so creative!
6. She really thinks about others. (Also see above)
7. I'd love to consult her about________________.
8. She looks great in that swimsuit. (Ok, now I'm just dreaming)

8 Talents I Want to Develop

1. Writing
2. Songwriting
3. Piano-I will master it yet, if it kills me.
4. Drawing
5. Sewing/clothing design.
6. Photography
7. Organization!! (Some say it's a skill...I say, bring it on, whatever it is.)
8. Letter-writing. I'm horribly deficient in my correspondence skills. Lora-you're amazing for putting up with me!


Four days until the start of Spring Break!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, what a clever idea for a posting series. I'm looking forward to reading. :)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I enjoyed reading your lists!! Your little side note at the bottom is so funny. I love you, Donna, you never fail to make me smile! BTW, I just did a brief little post on letter writting tonight. How ironic is that?

jillskict said...

Oh I love this!

I too thrive on articulate conversation. . .