Monday, March 03, 2008

I'm back!

Today at the Princess Diaries (), I came across a fun list, and I thought I'd respond with one of my own (of course). This one is about celebrity crushes. The Princess made a comment about Tom Cruise, and I have to agree with her about his lack of talent. Really, the highlight of his career might have been Top Gun.


My crushes, in no particular order-but most of them definitely in the closet to preserve my status as an elegant princess:

Matthew Perry tops the list; if you've read my history of posts, you already know this. But is he gay? Because I can't figure out why he's single. He's got the best delivery of just about any comic actor this century. I know a lot of people would disagree, but I think he's unappreciated. He was brilliant in Studio 60 last year.

Orlando Bloom-I know, he's pretty. I don't care. I feel for him the way most women feel about Brad Pitt. (Who disgusts me, BTW.)

Eric Stoltz (the early years)-delivered the best kiss ever in Some Kind of Wonderful, and was so cute and wholesome in Memphis Belle. However, he entirely creeps me out in The Butterfly Effect.

Brendan Frasier, despite his idiotic movie choices, is always adorable.

Clive Owen, when he's not overtly psychotic.

Jeremy Northam. Who couldn't love him as Mr. Knightly? I daresay his appeal approaches (I say surpasses) that of Colin Firth in the role of Mr. Darcy.

Mark Wahlberg. I am ashamed to admit this, but he's entirely hot. And I am truly ashamed.

And my last shameful confession: I am secretly in love with both of the leading men from the Princess Diaries movies. Chris Pine is so dreamy-and kind of dorky. And Robert Schwartzman is the quintessential boy-in-a-band high school crush.

Addendum: Another shameful crush is Prince William. I went to see Juno this weekend, and the boy who sold me my ticket looked remarkably like His Royal Highness. It was so distracting, I was unable to focus on the previews at ALL. SO cute, I was nearly speechless. *sigh*

8 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, Clive...*sigh*. ;)

Princess of the Universe said...

I did love Orlando in his Legolas days, but once the Lord of the Rings Phenomenon was over, I kind of moved on...

jillskict said...

Edward Norton. . .

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Glad to have you back...Vince thanks you kindly for the birthday wishes. We had a little family getaway to Nashville for the big event. It was really fun!
Oh...and although I don't really *swoon* over actors anymore, I do still think John Cusack is awesome..among a few others that I'm too tired to list right now-ha!

Jill said...

I agree with the whole Tom Cruise thing. He's so history in my book. I used to have a big crush on John Travlota but he looked a little face-liftish at the Oscars. And, regarding your comment about my OWN Prince at Castle de Norwood, I want SO BAD to write a post about my hubby's ex and the whole Queen thing, but I must taketh the high road. **darn**

Kate said...

I am SO stealing this idea since I am feeling brain dead right now but wanted to post something anyway;) I'll have my list up later tonight if you're curious.

Rebecca Jill said...

Hi,
I found your blog through Libby's at A Study of Schoolbooks and Shoes.

I had to chime in, and share that I'll be ashamed with you on the Mark Wahlberg front. My sister and I like "Invincible" just to see him walk in a pair of jeans. And my comment at the end of "The Departed" was "Marky Mark rules all." Though, , Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon are also on my hot list, as well.

Anonymous said...

I love your list except... Mr. Knightly over Mr. Darcy?!!? =)