Friday, March 21, 2008

Listography

So, if you've been reading my blog AT ALL, you'll recognize my fondness for lists. I thought I'd share a few of my (59) lists from www.listography.com. I love this site because it allows you to freeload list ideas from other list maniacs without guilt or penalty. Just a few of mine, for your reading enjoyment:


  • precise articulation
  • extremely fine fabrics
  • vintage jewelry
  • mid-century modern aesthetic
  • the Arts & Crafts movement
  • aqua and chocolate color combinations
  • a new journal and a smooth, fine tip pen
  • Chicago architecture
  • tea at the Ritz
  • halter top bikinis (Not that I can wear one)
  • high heels
  • leather accessories
  • dark, interesting woods
  • traveling alone
  • The Stage
  • ballet dancing
  • thinking in French
  • autumn tights
  • Lilly Pulitzer
  • expensive perfume
  • tulips
  • velvet
  • grande hazelnut skim latte
  • organic chemistry
  • Volvos
  • organization
  • Christmas
  • skiing
  • going to the symphony
  • my Empire Red Artisan KitchenAid mixer
  • Reisling, Gewurztraminer, and Sauvignon Blanc
  • hats
  • Hermès' Kelly bag
  • smart romantic comedies
  • fake fur
  • leather-bound books

  • Retail ANYTHING
  • Banker
  • Accountant
  • Car/insurance/real estate sales
  • Police officer
  • Military personnel
  • Secretary
  • Financial Analyst
  • Factory worker
  • Construction worker


(you get extra points if you know who more than three of these people are!)
  • Gilbert Blythe
  • Mr. Knightly
  • Fitzwilliam Darcy
  • Adam Eddington
  • Jim Frayne
  • Lex Upham
  • Joe Willard
(Disclaimer: I don't judge others who do the following things, they're just not for me)

  • Eat headcheese.
  • Get a tattoo.
  • Own a Porsche.
  • Date a redneck.
  • Say the f word.
  • Take God's name in vain.
  • cheat on my husband.
  • wear a miniskirt.
  • wear real fur (I don't have ethical issues with it, necessarily-I just think it's gross.)
  • bungee-jump.
  • skateboard.
  • choose to live in Detroit.
  • eat kimchee.
  • be ashamed of my height.
  • quit trying.
  • be mean to my nieces and nephews.
  • forget that I've been redeemed by Christ.
  • walk away from my God.
And on a remotely related note:

I thank God for the sacrifice that we remember today, Good Friday. I'm humbled and amazed to think that Christ would have endured the undeserved suffering He did even if it had been only for me. What an incredible weight humanity would have to carry if it weren't for His divine power of resurrection! I love this time of year-not just for the newness of Spring, but also for the reminder that my soul is renewed!

Happy Easter, everyone!

2 comments:

jillskict said...

Oh I am a huge list maker. I have never heard of this site so I am excited to check it out. I have to start each day with a list. I have my rule of three, both work and personal. Three things I have to get done today, three things I would like to get done today, three things that need to get done but can wait.

I have lists EVERYWHERE! Certain notebooks for certain aspects of my life lists. Gotta love it!

Princess of the Universe said...

Gilbert Blythe- why haven't I ever thought of him that way before? Of course he should be on my perfect man list!!