Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Feeling meme-y

This from Magnolias, Marriage and Manhattan (who went private for awhile, but I'm so glad she's back with us!)

50 Odd Things About Me Meme

1. Do you like blue cheese? It's a recently acquired obsession. Yummy on a salad with dried cherries, pecans and pears.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No-but I thought it was sniffed, not smoked? (Never did that either.)
3. Do you own a gun? No, and it's HIGHLY likely that I never will. I hate 'em.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? We have no Sonic here-although we have the commercials as a teaser. I like the cherry and lime flavors, but it's been years (early college days) since I've indulged.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Only the dentist. I HATE going to the dentist.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Umm, ok-confession time: hot dogs (really GREAT ones) are a guilty pleasure of mine. I like Nathan's all-beef kosher dogs, with brown mustard, onions and ketchup.
7. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Ralphie grew up cute!
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I make espresso in a little Italian-style pot on my stove and and make a sort of latte. Today it's Christmas Blend from the 'buck's.
9. Can you do push ups? Ummm, no.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? It's a toss-up: my garnet earrings from Shari for graduation from college and my gold heart necklace with the opal that Dad had made for Mom years ago.
12. Favorite hobby? writing, reading, designing, cooking...
14. Do you have A.D.D? I have "an atypical form of A.D.D." that solely interferes with my ability to sort and prioritize. No problems with focus or processing speed. I also have the O part of OCD, and a mild form of dyslexia/dysgraphia. Believe it or not, I'm relatively functional as a human being-just not so much as a student.
15. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Lack of self-discipline
16. Middle name? Michelle
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.. 1.I really need to get my shower. 2. I should probably exercise today, too. 3. I wonder when I'm going to have time to go to Georgetown and pick up that nightstand I found on Craigslist.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. An Easter dress, bubble bath, a Susan Branch cardmaking kit.
19 . Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, Water, Pellegrino with orange juice.
20. Current worry? How am I going to get all those papers graded this week and still have a fun break?
21. Current hate right now? That I'm not spending Spring Break at home with my family.
22. Favorite place to be? At home with my family.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? I actually don't remember, but I know I was with my parents. Oh wait-My sister brought all the kids over and we played games, and then turned on the TV to watch the ball drop at the last second. Mom and I always watch the parade on January 1 together.
24. Where would you like to go? Paris. Sydney. Napa Valley. Chicago. Santiago. Denver. New York. A lake house. Around the world.
25. Name three people who will complete this? Not sure-but you're all tagged!
26. Do you own slippers? Yes, they are pink and look like ballet slippers.
27. What shirt are you wearing? my white flannel PJs with the navy blue flowers.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not so much. I'm really a high thread count cotton girl...
29. Can you whistle? Yes
30. Favorite color? Indigo. Scarlet. Periwinkle. It depends on the day.
31. Would you be a pirate? No. I think life on a boat would be claustrophobic and besides, I think pillaging is overrated.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Since I'm not usually too awake, I kind of don't think I sing then. Ironic, because I sing all the rest of the day...
33. Favorite girl's name? Julia, Lauren, Hallie, Kiki (just kidding)
34. favorite boy's name? Jason, Brian, Jacob, Matthew, Nicholas, Patrick (I plan to have more boys)
35. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets in my PJs.
36. What's something that made you laugh today? See my previous post.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Raggedy Ann. I still have one of them tucked into a chest in my closet.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? I broke my pelvis in a car accident in '97. This was accompanied by a concussion and kidney and spleen bruises. I NEVER want to go through anything like that again.
39. Do you love where you live? Not especially, but I'm trying harder these days.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? one
41. Who is your loudest friend? Alyse. I adore her, but she has no volume control. (She knows it, too.)
42. How many dogs do you have? Does the dog I bought for my parents eight years ago count? If so, one.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? I don't think so.
45. What is your favorite book(s)? Franny and Zooey, Pride & Prejudice, The Enchanted April, A Room With A View. Does the Bible count? I think of it more as a manual/guide than an actual book...
46. What is your favorite candy? Not such a big candy fan...chocolate and peanut butter is a whole 'nuther story though.
47. Favorite Sports Team? Do I have to have one? I stopped caring about sports (Not that I ever did much anyhow) when Michael Jordan left the Bulls.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I have no idea. Actually, I don't really care what they do-I won't be aware of it, so they can play whatever they want.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Talking to my mom on the phone.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? There's something I need to remember to do....(And then I went back to sleep!)

3 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

So many things to comment on here!

1. I actually thought heroin was a needle drug. Shows what I know.
2. Those Sonic commercials make me so jealous. I don't think we have any in Canada.
3. I discovered a new love for Hot Dogs watching the food network the other day- they showed all these gourmet toppings.
4. LOVE Susan Branch.
5. LOVE P & P. I think the reason I feel in love with this blog is because you listed Jane Austen as one of your loves!

Princess Pointful said...

I'm not entirely convinced push-ups are physically possible. I think they may be a myth.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Fun list!