Monday, March 24, 2008

My Easter Day, and so on...

I must say that when I awoke yesterday, I wasn't as thrilled with life as I'd ought to have been. I remembered an Easter several years ago that could qualify as one of the worst days ever. It sort of marked the beginning of the end of a serious relationship (which end, in retrospect, I thank God for!). Anyhow, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, but I put it out of my head and went on to church, and enjoyed a lovely time of worship and fellowship with my church family. I then had an errand to run after church, and unexpectedly enjoyed the company of a newfound friend who ended up turning the day into one of the most delightful ones I can recall. Hooray for hidden blessings!

And so, I have done something which I *hope* does not bring my blogworld crashing down around me...although, if it does, I will be surprised to have reached a higher level of popularity than I'd have thought possible. I have linked my blog to my MySpace account. Attention: if you are a MySpace spammer, GO AWAY NOW. If you are a regular reader, this may seem a bit cryptic, so just ignore this part of the post. However, if you are the reason I linked, then I extend my heartiest welcome to a new reader: Hi Joel! I look forward to getting to know you, but be forewarned-this blog is merely a partial expression of my most girly side. Still, it offers more than my MySpace does. (I really only set that up with minimal information so I could log in and view my friends' accounts. I never use it otherwise-it kind of freaks me out.)

Question: Will Joel Houston actually respond to my friend request on My Space, and will he find this link and will he actually take the time to read my blog? Who on earth knows? Today is a beautiful spring day, however, and weirder things have happened. And Good Heavens-Joel, if you read this, would you PLEASE at least let me know you stopped by?

Happy Monday, everyone!

(Do you really think he'd stop and read it? He's SUCH a busy, popular fellow-but oh my word, I have so much respect for him, I'd love to become his friend! )

2 comments:

Libby said...

I'm glad that your Easter turned out to be a lovely day.

Now, who is this Joel?

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hi there! It was sooooo much fun catching up with you last night! It'd been way too long. Hope you were able to get up on time this morning-ha!