Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break

Halloo, hallay, no pubescent children today!

Today's agenda:

1. Sleep in just a leeeetle bit-done. It's 10:15, and I just got out of the shower.

2. Do something with the mountain of (clean) laundry in my spare room. I never let it get out of hand, but last week it was all I could do to get it clean-forget about folding.

3. Clean the bathrooms-but good. It's Spring Cleaning week, and I'm trying something new: I've decided to take one thing at a time and do it really well. Then I'll reward myself with other fun stuff. Which is NOT this:

4. Grade ALL the papers in my schoolbag, even if it takes all day and into the night. I have Galapagos Island Nature Journals from all 140 of my kids, I have DNA scientist reports from about 70 of them, and I have DNA ethics semester papers from my 50 Honors kids. Augh. However, after today, I plan to have some serious fun this week, so heigh-ho, get busy.

5. Write a letter to an old college friend or two that I've disconnected from. This will be done when I can't stand to read another science paper.

6. Color a princess picture with my new box of 96 Crayolas for each of my two nieces (ages 2 and 4), and pop them in the mail.

7. Take a walk through my neighborhood this afternoon. Oh yes-exercise WILL be a part of this vacation, even if it KILLS me.

I hope YOUR day is productive!

Update: As of 4:21, I have the laundry done, and about 1/3 of my grading. This grading is killing me, but I'm determined that it's not going to ruin my week, so say a little prayer for me, will you? It needs to be DONE today. But Libby just reminded me-I think I need to color a princess. I'm going to set my timer so I don't get too off-task, and I'm going to play for just a minute.

4 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Ahhhh....Spring Break!! Sounds like you have quite a list for the week--have fun checking those things off:) It's shaping up to be a pretty busy week around here, too. My dad will be getting in town on Wed., then my mom, sis, and a friend will be joining us late Friday. They'll all be here till Sunday afternoon. Then Vince's parents are supposed to come on Monday. It'll be their 1st time here, so I've been making a little list of fun local stuff to do:) There's a lot of cool history here, etc.
I'm so glad that Spring is practically here--things are starting to bloom out!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jill said...

Enjoy your spring break!

Libby said...

You're spring break sounds like it is off to a roaring good start! ;)

I *love* #6 on your list.

Red and White Preppy said...

I LOVE your blog! I love reading about fellow teachers, and my best friend lives in DC. Hope you enjoy your Spring Break...let me know if you wish to read my blog as well :)